concerned with how their ‘Personally Identifiable Information’ (PII) is
being used online. PII, as described in privacy law and information
security, is information that can be used on its own or with other
information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify
a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect or otherwise
handle your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with our
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit
our blog, website or app?
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter
your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other
details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site,
subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter
information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for
our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf
the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type
of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
1. administering our website and business;
2. personalizing our website for you;
3. enabling your use of the services available on our website;
4. sending you goods purchased through our website;
5. supplying services purchased through our website;
6. sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
7. sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
8. sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
9. sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
10. sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
11. providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
12. dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or aout you relating to our website;
13. keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
14. verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service); and
15. other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
1. information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
2. information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
3. information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
4. information that you enter when you create a profile on our website—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
5. information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
6. information that you enter while using the services on our website;
7. information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
8. information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
9. information that you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
10. information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
11. any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known
vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is
only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access
rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information
confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is
encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters,
submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not
stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers
to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow)
that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your
browser and capture and remember certain information. For instance,
shopping cart. They are also used to help us understand your
preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us
compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we
can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in
order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may
also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is
being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this
through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look
at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. Some of the
features that make your site experience more efficient and may not
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer to outside parties your
Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with
advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and
other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our
business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep
this information confidential. We may also release information when
its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site
policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be
provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party
products or services on our website. These third-party sites have
separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no
responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked
sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and
welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s
Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive
experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users
based on previous visits to our site and other sites on the Internet. Users
may opt-out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google Ad
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
• DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party
cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies and Statcounter Cookies) and third-party cookies
(such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers
together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad
impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
In some instances, I may include affiliate links in posts where I recommend specific gear, tours, or activities. If you purchase something through one of my affiliate links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. These links are always disclosed.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
J. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
the payment of a fee 10$ and
the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address}).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
K. Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
L. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.